UCC-APC participated in this year’s historic XXVII Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians which took place from October 28th – 30th in Winnipeg, MB. There were over 400 Ukrainian community leaders in attendance from all over Canada.
We were proud to have over 60 delegates from Alberta dedicated to shaping the present and future direction of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. The theme of the Congress this year was – Stronger Together – В Єдності Сила – Tous ensemble – which allowed us to discuss the future of Ukraine and the future of our community amongst Canadian and Ukrainian government officials.
UCC-APC is pleased with the announcements made by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau which include:
– The Government of Canada issuing Ukraine Sovereignty Bonds
– $55 million dollars to humanitarian partners
– $15 million dollars in funding for demining support in Ukraine
– The Canada-Ukraine Science Partnership
Our eminent guests this year included:
– Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada,
– Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister, Canada,
– Honourable Anita Anand, Minister of National Defence,
– Honourable Harjit Sajjan, Minister of International Development,
– James Bezan, MP, Selkirk Interlake Eastman, spoke on behalf of the Leader of the Opposition the – Honourable Pierre Poilievre
– The Honourable Heather Stefanson, Premier of Manitoba;
– Scott Gillingham, Mayor-elect of Winnipeg.
– Her Excellency Larisa Galadza – Лариса Ґаладза, Ambassador of Canada to Ukraine
From Ukraine (by video):
– First Lady of Ukraine Олена Зеленська
– Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov
– Minister of Foreign Affairs Dmytro Kuleba
– Her Excellency Yuliya Kovaliv, Ambassador of Ukraine to Canada