Since the war, our priority has shifted to helping Ukraine and Ukrainians settling in Alberta. Over 16, 800 Ukrainians fleeing the war have come to Alberta and we have become their primary source of reliable information and support. Our current help for Ukrainian Newcomers includes:
- The Ukrainian Newcomer Furniture Warehouse (UNFW), which provides free furniture to Ukrainian Newcomers;
- Emergency help (housing, food, and telephone support);
- Continuous lobbying and pressure on governing bodies to ensure that Ukrainian newcomers can access supports available in Alberta;
- Various grants and funds to support other Ukrainian organizations cover the cost of membership fees for Ukrainian newcomers (e.g; summer camps, dance groups, Ridna Shkola etc.);
- Organizing in person and online job fairs along with an online job board to help newcomers find jobs;
- Free English classes for newcomers in-person and online across Alberta.