Phone: (780) 425-9692
Description: Ukrainian immigrants desiring an independent, democratic and nationally conscious church established the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada in 1918. Edmonton supporters organized St. John parish five years later. The present cathedral dates from the early 1950s and has a large central dome, two smaller domes, beautiful mosaics and icons by Vadym Dobrolige.
Member type category: Historic Places