Phone: (780) 477-7339
Description: St. George Ukrainian Catholic parish was created in 1955 for traditionalist, Ukrainian-speaking faithful, especially new immigrants arriving in Edmonton after the Second World War. The present gold-domed brick church dates from the 1980s. Done in the Kyivan-Byzantine style of the 11th to the 13th centuries, the iconography covering the interior walls is spectacular.
Member type category: Historic Places