Description: The area just north of this building was known at the turn of the last century as the "Galician Market". This was where Ukrainian farmers from east of the city came to buy supplies and trade farm products before closer railway stops were build in east-central Alberta starting in 1905. The building itself was owen by the photographer Ernest Brown. Years later it was briefly owned by the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta and was intended to become that museum's new location before rising renovation costs forced it to be sold in 2018.
Member type category: Historic Places