To honour the 20th anniversary of Ukraine’s independence, the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy held an international conference on October 7-8, 2011to examine why and how universities in Ukraine must become autonomous centres in the development of civil society, promoting freedom of speech and freedom to research and teach, without the Ministry’s direct control. Click to view the Program.
On August 31, the UCC-APC passed a motion to request contribution to sponsor the NaUKMA conference “Roads to Freedom”. The following organizations and individuals from Edmonton, Alberta assisted the university in covering its costs for this event:
- Alberta Provincial Executive of Ukrainian Women’s Association of Canada
- UCC-Edmonton Branch
- Ukrainian Foundation for College Education
- Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada – Edmonton Eparchy
- Luba FEDUSCHAK
- James and Sylvia GRAY
- Roman and Marusia PETRYSHYN
- Stephan and Maria ROMANIUK.
Cheques were forwarded by the UCC-APC to NaUKMA through the Canada Ukraine Foundation. Thank you for your support!