Canada Summer Jobs
Opportunity with UCC Alberta Provincial Council
We are looking for young individuals who are keen on community work! We have opportunities for those interested in event and project planning, marketing, writing and communication. Below is the list of job responsibilities based on the nature of the position.
The Marketing Officer will work on marketing and advertising strategy for UCC-APC and summer events. The candidate will re-assess the existing structure for sponsorship and advertisement and work on the new package development. The incumbent will be involved in managing the meeting the needs of sponsors. Visual storytelling experience will be considered an asset.
- Prepare marketing material for events – Ukrainian Independence Day and Ukrainian Day (online), 130th Anniversary of Ukrainian settlement in Alberta;
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a social media and community engagement strategy for the event;
- Engage with social media followers and update on the ongoing and new projects;
- Assist Executive Director in the development of the fundraising package.
- 20 h/week for 14 weeks $17/h
- Two positions available
The Communications Officer plays an integral role in the branding of UCC-APC and summer event planning. The position will assist the Executive Director with developing the UCC-APC communication and marketing guide and a fundraising package for Ukrainian Independence Day and Ukrainian Day. The candidate will lead the initiative and apply their knowledge and experience to create an intuitive guide for the organization that will stay relevant for a period of time. Communication Officers will work closely with an event planner to ensure consistent messaging is applied across all UCC-APC communication channels. The candidate will also support the Marketing Officer with the fundraising package development.
- Develop a marketing and communication guide for UCC-APC;
- Assist Marketing Officer and Executive Director with fundraising package development;
- Social media content creation for the Ukrainian Independence Day and Ukrainian Day, and 130th Anniversary of Ukrainian Settlement in Alberta.
- 35 h/week for 8 weeks $17/h
This role is responsible for preparing all digital and print material for the Ukrainian Independence Day and Ukrainian Day festival, and Hetman Awards. For the Ukrainian Day festival, UCC-APC will produce a community newsletter featuring stories about Ukraine’s Independence and interviews with community leaders involved in the process. The position would be responsible for this publication and all digital postcards/pamphlets and any other print material.
Because of the nature of the event and community, the potential incumbent has to have a high level of Ukrainian language knowledge.
- Blog posts about UCC-APC member-organizations and event updates
- Thank-you letters
- E-bulletin articles
- Ukrainian Day newsletter
- Update newsletter template
- 20 h/week for 14 weeks $17/h
Support UCC-APC staff and volunteers during the planning of the Ukrainian Day festival on August 22, 2021. The candidate will assist with leading the planning of the event. The Event Coordinator will help solidify the program, follow up with performers and make sure contributing organizations stay on track with their projects. The potion will also support the creation of a fundraising strategy for the event.
- Assist with the master plan for the Ukrainian Independence Day and Ukrainian Day
- Create a project plan with milestones and stakeholder groups
- Support publisher with Ukrainian Day Book
- Work with the Marketing Officer to make sure sponsors’ needs are met
- Manage sponsorship contacts
- Coordinate technical equipment
- 15 h/week for 16 weeks $17/h
- Full-time and part-time positions
- Combination of “from home” and “office” hours
- Flexible schedule
- Start date: as soon as possible
- An opportunity to work on cool new projects
- Mentorship, professional growth and networking
- Experience working with community organizations would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Fluency in English and basic Ukrainian would be considered an asset
We want to make sure you get the most benefit from this experience! Please send your resume along with the cover letter highlighting skills you believe will support the chosen role.
Email your resume by May 15, 2021, to email@example.com.
Questions? Call our office at (780) 414-1624.
The UCC-APC will follow all public health guidelines and directives from federal, provincial and local authorities in implementing the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Please note: reliability requirements are as per Employment and Social Development Canada.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
**International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling and those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible. As the objective of the Canada Summer Jobs program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
This year all Canada Summer Job positions are available in the Canada Jobs Bank.